11 days ago
TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading Engineering and Technology business based in Northamptonshire, that operate across the Automotive, Aerospace and Marine sectors.
In order to ensure the continued growth of the business they are looking for an Electrical Technician to join their Electronics team. The technician who comes into this role will be responsible for providing engineering support to the electrical department, whilst supporting the wider engineering functions as well.
The candidate will need to have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the same, or similar role.
- Conversant with wiring harness assembly to motorsport or military specifications, the use of Deutsch Auto-Sport or equivalent connectors and Raychem products.
- PC Literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel
- Basic mechanical fitting and assembly skills.
- The ability to work equally well unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn new disciplines and expand their skill set.
- Flexible in approach and prepared to work to tight deadlines which could require working unsociable hours at short notice.
- Manufacture, test, inspection and servicing of production and prototype wiring looms, sensors and actuators across all projects and test installations as required.
- Fault finding and repair of wiring looms, electromechanical actuators, sensors and sensor harnesses.
- Testing & servicing of electrical/electronic & electromechanical engine component during engine rebuilds.
- Liaison with relevant Project Engineers to ensure that engine and chassis wiring, sensor and actuator installations are correctly detailed and manufactured.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you