11 days ago
TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading Engineering and Technology business based in Northamptonshire, that operate across the Automotive, Aerospace and Marine sectors.
In order to ensure the continued growth of the business they are looking for a Senior Engineer to join their Test & Electronics team. The engineer who comes into this role will be responsible for providing engineering support to the test department, whilst supporting the wider engineering functions as well.
The Candidate we are looking for:
- Programming experience, predominantly in C and Visual BASIC.
- The ability to understand and debug code written by others.
- Knowledge of National Instruments LabWindows/CVI.
- Experience with the UNIX operating system.
- Design and programming of PLC-based systems.
- Understanding of the principals of instrumentation systems and measurement equipment.
- Understanding of sensors (temperature, pressure, strain etc) and their application and calibration.
- Understanding of the internal workings of microprocessor-based systems.
- Knowledge of the workings of control systems (control loops, PID controllers etc).
- Working with and maintaining PC-based systems running MS-DOS/Windows 3.1 through to Windows 10.
- Setting up and debugging communications links – CAN, Ethernet, RS-485, Data Highway Plus, RS-422, RS-232.
- CP CADET – work on this at a maintenance and configuration level,
- Repair of electronic assemblies with component-level diagnosis, possibly with a minimal or no schematics.
- Hands on practical work on electronic/electrical equipment – basic soldering skills, crimp connectors etc.
- Writing of documentation – specifications and documentation of work carried out.
- Basic understanding of the workings of an internal combustion engine.
- knowledge of ADACS
- Design of 3-phase systems (mainly motor drives and the associated safety systems).
- Battery electric vehicle systems.
- Apply a structured logical approach to all work; working in a clean organised manner at all times.
- Good interpersonal skills, confident clear communication, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team, flexible in approach, must be prepared to work to tight deadlines which could require working unsociable hours at short notice.
- Maintenance, calibration and continuous upgrade of engine test facilities and equipment.
- Fault finding and resolving of electrical and software issues within the testbed control & data acquisition systems.
- Support of control hardware and software for testbeds and test rigs.
- Selection, installation, calibration and operation of pressure, temperature, torque, flow, humidity transducers.
- To provide drawings, updates, production plans and project management.
- Assessing and securing sub-contractor services when appropriate.
- Develop and improve departmental resources and procedures.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.